Active Directory: How to recover a deleted file ?
Posted on 2006-07-16
1. I have a testing machine.
2. I load a windows 2000 server, and make it as a Domain Controller (Only one machine),
3. I backed up the system state, say it the backup file's name is authoritative.bkf
4. Then, I created a user , say it user x, (So the user x has been created after i did the backup)
5. For some other reason, User x has been deleted,
6. I tried to recover the user x by doing: i) firstly, i did "Non uthoritative restore" using the authoritative.bkf at the directory service restore mode, ii) then, i did the authoritative restore: go to command prompt, and type the ntdsutil, then type authoritative restore, then type restore database verinc 2
7. The result: I still can recover the user x,
8. Any solution ?