My dear old ISP says 12 days to get a connection with the upload speed and static IP I need. Meantime I need an exchange 2003 test setup as of yesterday. So what I was going to do was:
- put an ISA server with a public IP on the external just connected to a switch
- On the same switch as the ISA box put a workstation with host entries for ISA and use that
as my pretend external access.
- Have my exchange Front end server sitting off a dmz nic on the ISA box
- win 2003 box running rras connected to the isa internal as a router
- exchange mailbox server sitting behind that
- host entry on the F/E exchange server for the mailbox server
So question 1 is will this layout work?
I was wondering since everything is hanging off dumb swtiches will it all find itself by netbios broadcast and give me false confidence in the layout.
Do I need a dns server on the same switch as the ISA box so it knows properly where to send return traffic?