PC: XP Pro SP2 (+ patches using wsus), MS .NET Framework 1.1 & 2.0
Oracle 9.2 Client (Full install) and Oracle data provider for .Net
When using as an administrator level all works correctly, when using as a power user I get the following errors.
SQLPLUS The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022).
APPS using .net client Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll) - this is odd as we have other PC's the same just using ODP.net and all works fine - problem only with client installed.
I have tried the following:
1) Stop any virus scanning software
2) Grant read access on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE key to the OS
user using regedt32
- Open the registry with regedt32
- Got to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE
- Select Permissions from the Security main menu
- Ensure that the SYSTEM account has Full Control
- Ensure that the OS users trying to launch the applications have read
- Choose OK
- Exit the registry
3) Follow the workaround in <<Bug:2498880>>:
- Log on to Windows with administrator privileges.
- Launch Windows Explorer from the Start Menu.
- Navigate to the ORACLE_HOME directory and right click on the ORACLE_HOME
- Select the "Properties" option from the drop down list.
- Click on the "Security" tab on the "Properties"
- Click on Authenticated Users in the "Name" list.
- Uncheck the "Read and Execute" box in the "Permissions&
quot; list. This box will be under the "Allow" column.
- Check the "Read and Execute" box. This is the box you just
- Click the "Apply" button.
- Click the "OK" button.
4) Deinstall the software, then reinstall ensuring you're connected as the
local administrator (or the domain administrator if the box is a domain
this has not worked and the problem is still the same, I did see that this could be the .NET framework, but why just this PC - the only difference from others is the Oracle Client.