I have 20 Mac Minis I need to set up. Here's what I have and here's what is not working, following the instructions of the company that set up the disk image for us to clone. Please focus in on what is wrong with this procedure as given to us (if anything) before you suggest better ways to get it done. And, I must confess, I don't have too much experience with Macs. Thanks.
1. I have one Mac Mini that is set up the way the others are to be. aka MASTER
2. Have second Mini (Target) set up through a router to the Master. Both computers are assigned IP addresses and can ping each ohter. Also, the disk image file to be copied from Master to the target is sitting in the root drive of the master. It is also located in library\webserver\document
s. It was in the second loccation from the suppying company, we also coped it into the root in trying to make their instructions work.
3. On target, I place OS disk one in CD drive, boot and immediately press the Options Key.
4. O choose the oS disk from the boot menu, rather tha the hd, and boot into the Installer
5. I go to terminal and type in the following code:
asr -source http://ipaddress_of_master/diskimage.dmg
-target /dev/disk0s2 --erase
Here's what I get in response
Validating source...asr:Couldn;t validate source - internal error
These instructions were made for us based on the following:
1. We purchased 20 minis from another supplier, we sent one to the company who is supplying the image and waited until they returned it, complete with instructions on how to transfer them image. it's these instructions we are floowing to the letter. We even trued a few variations on the command they had. No good.
This is a time critical problem. I appreciate your help.