Want to protect your cyber security and still get fast solutions? Ask a secure question today.Go Premium

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 1145
  • Last Modified:

Activesync error 0x85010014

I am trying to sync a PDA using direct push to an exchange2003 SP2 server.  I have applied KB817379 and ,with some additional 'fiddling' got OMA to work.  I only have one exchnage server within the organisation and this has two IP addresses, one which is used internally and one which is used for NAT with the firewall.  I have an external DNS setup for OMA (http://oma.domain.com) which redirects to (https://oma.domain.com/oma).  I can access OMA using either of these address from an internet enabled device.

My problem occurs when trying to sync the device.  I get a 0x85010014 error on the device and the error below on in the event log


Event Type:      Error
Event Source:      Server ActiveSync
Event Category:      None
Event ID:      3005
Date:            19/07/2006
Time:            11:42:38
User:            domainname\Jason Baker
Computer:      servername
Description:
Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: [servername.domainname.local] User: [Jason.Baker@domainname.com] HTTP status code: [501]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I have searched and searched and found responses to problems similar to mine but not quite close enough.  I have included as much information as I can but if I have left anything out please feel free to let me know.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks.
0
acmi
Asked:
acmi
1 Solution
 
acmiAuthor Commented:
Just to keep you all informed.  Also for those who might stumble across this.  I have just spent 2 hours on the phone with Microsoft who configured everything exactly the same way I configured it and then deleted my virtual directories and recreated and the applied the KB817379 article as I had previously done.  Still no joy.

It was then that he had an idea.  He noticed that I had installed Mobile Admin on the Exchange Server.  I did this initially to possibly help me configure the devices and when I found out that it didn't do much I left it.  When the mobile Admin website was stopped the device would synch just fine when it was started no dice.

I've spent two weeks on this trying all the various different fixes that have been suggested before finally conceeding and calling Microsoft at considerable cost.  I hope this article may help save two weeks of other peoples lives without costing them a bean!

Have fun and stay hungry!
0
 
EE_AutoDeleterCommented:
acmi,
Because you have presented a solution to your own problem which may be helpful to future searches, this question is now PAQed and your points have been refunded.

EE_AutoDeleter
0
 
mbiddleCommented:
boooooo.  I don't see a solution there!
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: IP Lookup

Get more info about an IP address or domain name, such as organization, abuse contacts and geolocation.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now