Build Solaris with no CD-ROM
Posted on 2006-07-19
Hi, I have an Ultra 10 Creator 3D that I want to load Solaris 10 without a CD-ROM. It may be more than the CD-ROM player that has failed but I am waiting for some part to arrive.
In the mean-time, is I was thinking:
1) Download the Solaris 10 CD 1-of-1
2) unzip /tmp/sol-10-u2-ga-sparc-v1-iso.zip
3) lofiadm -a /tmp/sol-10-u2-ga-sparc-v1-iso /dev/lofi/1
4) mount -F hsfs -o ro /dev/lofi/1 /mnt
5) ----> CAN'T FIND installer <-----
# ls -F /mnt
Copyright Solaris_10/ JDS-THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME
# ls -F /mnt/Solaris_10
Docs/ Misc/ Patches/ Product/ Tools/
# ls -F /mnt/Solaris_10/Tools
add_install_client* dial* setup_install_server* Boot@ rm_install_client*
# ls -l /mnt/Solaris_10/Tools/Boot
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11 Jun 9 13:57 /mnt/Solaris_10/Tools/Boot -> ../../../s1
And ../../../s1 does not exist.....
I tried executing setup_install_server but it did not work.
Perhaps the Solaris 10 DVD has a startup executable or something that I can recognize....?