I am trying to accomplish the following task
1) Avoid users to delete and move folders and files on a network share on a windows platform with a Dell server running SBS 2003 service pack 2, all the client are XP professional with service pack 2
They should be able to do everything with the exception of moving folders, due to the fact that folders on that share get always moved and lost by mistake of the users. I have already created the group , and deny delete and delete subfolder and files.
This option is not working for me because is having like side effects, allow me to explain.
Once the deny delete and delete subfolder is applied
1) Users can not delete files and folder – First task accomplish
2) Users can not move a folder into another folder – Second task accomplish at 50% becasue a message display access denied which is wan I want but it creates an empty folder with the same name of the source folder inside the destination folder – This folder it can not be delete an creates confusion for the user and they start filing in the wrong location = How could this be avoided the creation of an empty folder at the destination folder?
With files it works beautifull access denied and that is
3) My main concern now is that all the files created under the share folder respond to the deny option with the execption of excel. It display an error message Error message can not save the “file name” the folder is mark as a read only .
4) User can not move or delete files inside the share but they can creates copies on theirs desktop – for security could this be control it.
Thanks in advance