Solved

Problems with <customErrors mode="Off" />

Posted on 2006-07-24
4
1,025 Views
Last Modified: 2008-02-01
Hi!

I have a problem with my webpage. I've created a C#-project using Blinq and Visual Studio 2005.
It runs without problems locally, but when I publish it I get a run time error.

I have the customError mode set to Off, but still I only get a message stating that I have to change my web.config-file to see the errorcode and description.
I've done some searching here on EE and the web, but I can't find anything wrong with my config-file.

Most of the config-file is generated by Blinq. Only the customErrors is added by me.
I don't think it is a problem with my hosting-service. This page is published to a subdomain with asp.net 2 installed, and the other subdomains are working without problems (everything is coded in C#, but this is my first project in 2005 using Blinq).

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you in advance for any help!

.vidar

My web.config-file:
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
    <system.codedom>
      <compilers>
        <compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs" type="Microsoft.CSharp.CSharp3CodeProvider, CSharp3CodeDomProvider" />
      </compilers>
    </system.codedom>
    <appSettings />
 
      <connectionStrings>
            <add name="HistoliContentConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=ip;Initial Catalog=db;User ID=user;Password=pwd" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>         
      </connectionStrings>
      
  <system.web>    
            <compilation debug="true">
                  <assemblies>
                        <add assembly="System.Transactions, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
      </assemblies>
    </compilation>

    <customErrors mode="Off" />    
    <pages styleSheetTheme="Default" />

  </system.web>
</configuration>
0
Comment
Question by:ganzaj
  • 3
4 Comments
 
LVL 4

Accepted Solution

by:
DarkXiphoid earned 500 total points
ID: 17166463
0
 

Author Comment

by:ganzaj
ID: 17173946
Thanks DarkXiphoid!

I've tried to insert a try / catch-phrase in the code, but I still get the runtime error.
None of the files are read only, so that isn't the problem either.

I've also tried to publish the page to the main domain to exclude any problems with path length, but that didn't help.
Do you have any other good ideas?

.vidar
0
 

Author Comment

by:ganzaj
ID: 17191379
Added more points

.v
0
 

Author Comment

by:ganzaj
ID: 17211726
Accepted DarkXiphoid's answer.
Even though it did not help me, it's quite relevant for everybody that has this problem!

.vidar
0

Featured Post

Active Directory Webinar

We all know we need to protect and secure our privileges, but where to start? Join Experts Exchange and ManageEngine on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:00 AM PDT to learn how to track and secure privileged users in Active Directory.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Sometimes in DotNetNuke module development you want to swap controls within the same module definition.  In doing this DNN (somewhat annoyingly) swaps the Skin and Container definitions to the default admin selections.  To get around this you need t…
I recently went through the process of creating a Calendar Control of events with the basis of using a database to keep track of the dates that are selectable, one requirement was to have the selected date pop-up in a simple lightbox.  At first this…
Nobody understands Phishing better than an anti-spam company. That’s why we are providing Phishing Awareness Training to our customers. According to a report by Verizon, only 3% of targeted users report malicious emails to management. With compan…

829 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question