Separate SMTP and POP3 Server
Posted on 2006-07-24
My current configuration as follows:
- Exchange Server, public IP for incoming mail (let's say mail.mydomain.com). For outgoing mail, users still send email through mail.mydomain.com, but we configure to forward all outgoing mail to another mail server that using MDaemon (which i will decribe below)
- MDaemon, no public IP (using NAT), for outgoing email only (receive outgoing mail from Exchange Server). faked domain (let's say mail.fakedomain.com).
- Internal Linux DNS Server (our own build)
Current Problem :
- Some domain can't be found, even though i have set DNS server directly to our ISP
- Some domain reject/refuse our mail (perhaps considered as a spammer or others).
- Change MDaemon to public IP (this one i can do it)
- I am planning to separate SMTP and POP3 server, Exchange Server still have the same functions and configurations as stated above, MDaemon will functions as SMTP (real domain, let's say SMTP.mydomain.com), how do i configure this ? Will it solve my problem ?
Thanks for your kind attention and sharing.