Email receipt problems
Posted on 2006-07-24
- I have a user (company A) that is not receiving external emails from a contact at a different company (company B).
- Emails sent from company A to company B are received ok but when person replies to the email from company B, it's not received by the user at company A.
- I am able to receive emails ok (company A) from the person at company B ok.
- Emails from company B are being sent to external yahoo account and are received ok but when trying to forward to work email (company A) they are not received.
- Sent a test email from external yahoo account to users work email (company A) and the email is received ok.
- Already disabled all SPAM email traffic for the user's profile but still no receipt of email.
- Safe sender receipt (whitelist) already set on server by domain and also on users computer.
- Exchange Server 2003 SP2
- Outlook 2003
- iHateSPAM software on server
Originally I thought the issue might be with reverse dns but we already took the necessary precautions.