Just got a new T1 with VOIP. Vendor gave me Cisco 2430 Router but will not let me access the Router, because it is "thier equipment".. Even though I am paying them over 7g's a year...
Anyway, here is my Setup:
Router -- Public Address 1 (ISP settings) x.x.x.225
Wireless G -- Public Address 2 (Set up as Static IP) x.x.x.226
| | | |
SBS File Server Apps&DBS Server Unused Server
I have the Wireless G only for Laptop Wireless connections and acting as a Switch.
Currently, I have a Dedicated Server with a hosting company.
Here is what I want:
(1) Have MS Exchange on the SBS be my email server for both my domains.
(2) Host both my businesses website on the SBS.
(3) Allow VPN through the SBS.
Here are my questions:
(1) Should I replace my Wireless G Router with just an WAP switch?
(2) Since i don't have access to the Cisco router and cant do any routing, do I have to make the SBS a Public Address to get what I want? I have 16 at my disposal.
(3) What does it mean when the ISP guys tell sme my LAN Block is x.x.x 224/227 and then tell me that the useable range is x.x.x.226-254? What is the 224 and 225 used for?
(4) What does it mean when they also tell me that my WAN block is x.x.x.140/30?
(5) I hate not knowing...