troubleshooting Question

Illustrator: Inset Emboss

Avatar of soapergem
soapergemFlag for United States of America asked on
Web Graphics Software
2 Comments1 Solution1241 ViewsLast Modified:
I'm fairly new to Illustrator, so that's why I'm asking questions here! I'm looking for a way to do something that I've always referred to as an "Inset Emboss." In Macromedia Fireworks, there is a built-in effect with this very name--it's called "Inset Emboss." In Photoshop, by opening the Layer Style dialog for any given layer and adding the "Bevel and Emboss" feature (with the Direction-option set to "Down"), this same effect is achieved. However, I have no idea how to get this in Illustrator. Thanks.
Jose Parrot
Graphics Expert

Our community of experts have been thoroughly vetted for their expertise and industry experience.

Join our community to see this answer!
Unlock 1 Answer and 2 Comments.
Start Free Trial
Learn from the best

Network and collaborate with thousands of CTOs, CISOs, and IT Pros rooting for you and your success.

Andrew Hancock - VMware vExpert
See if this solution works for you by signing up for a 7 day free trial.
Unlock 1 Answer and 2 Comments.
Try for 7 days

”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.

-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros