Acrobat Crash with error - 0x2d828acd" referenced memory at "0x00000008"
Posted on 2006-10-23
Exact Error Text: The instruction at "0x2d828acd" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory could not be "read".
I'm looking for potential cause of this error in my particular context.
I've seen this error code complained of in various and seeminly unrelated contexts when the above address is "googled".
Here is my context:
A PDF file with:
- many form fields (200+)
- many layers (50, 100, or 200)
- a trivial amount of data is written to arrays, mostly data reads from the arrays
- After operating the document with several button clicks, the above error ensues and the application dies and must be closed.
- THE crash happens after several scripts (sometimes many, sometimes a few) have executed, and these scripts
- we have similar files with 700K of arrays, with may form fields, but no layers - they do not crash.
- we have similar files with very small arrays and say 50 layers and many form fields - they do not crash.
testing showed the crash happens eventually even with excessive intervals between button clicks (between execution of
- The identical problem happens both in Acrobat Professional, Standard and Reader versions 6 and 7. The crash happens
later in Reader than in the Full Acrobat. Both local and browser crash.
Any ideas would be appreciated.