I can say that I am in *intermediate* level of VB 6 but I am *advanced* in Java J2EE hence I need some feedback from you all, experts. I normally created application in VB 6 accessing Access as a DB using ADO, create the setup using Inno and done.
Now, as .NET is the latest technologies. I have few questions.
1. How stable is VB.NET compared to VB 6? Can you tell me from your experiences?
2. How hard is it to move to VB.NET? Are the languages similar? Do not have much time to have a look at the samples.
3. As far as I know, for web app, ASP.NET is the right choice. Can I assume that to develop a web app using .NET, you should use ASP.NET with C# and for desktop application using .NET, you can use VB.NET?
4. How do you create the setup using VB.NET? Can I use Inno Setup (this is brilliant software) as well?
5. Last question but not least, can we develop desktop app using C#? If so, what reasons that you consider in choosing between C# or VB.NET?