Solved

Problems with my webpages when migrating to RedHat Enterprise

Posted on 2006-10-25
11
166 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-05
Hi:
We migrate our server to RedHat enterprise from RedHat9 and now the pages that use Scripts from Fireworks and other dont work. All the menus from the page are not usefull. One of my webpages is www.dise.com.mx when you browse it and you go trough the left menu, its has submenus, but they dont appear.

This only happend with Windows Explorer, with Firefox theres no problem

HELP.

Javier
0
Comment
Question by:fjamozu
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 4
  • 4
11 Comments
 
LVL 18

Expert Comment

by:Sam Panwar
ID: 17808614
Hi,

I have check your site and found that some object is missing like JAVA script for IE that's why you are getting problem so please install it and please also check the your IE is updated and all ActiveX control installed.

Are you using any firewall??


I have also get object expected error in the contact page in line 113 so please check the code and update your IE accordingly.
0
 

Author Comment

by:fjamozu
ID: 17808982
Hi,

This Java scrpits missing must be instalked at the Server?

My IE is pudated an all de ActiveX control installed.

Im not using any firewall at this moment.

Do I need to check the code in html of the web page to work with IE?

Thank you
0
 
LVL 51

Accepted Solution

by:
ahoffmann earned 250 total points
ID: 17812273
add your mmLoadMenus(); to body's onload=
0
Connect further...control easier

With the ATEN CE624, you can now enjoy a high-quality visual experience powered by HDBaseT technology and the convenience of a single Cat6 cable to transmit uncompressed video with zero latency and multi-streaming for dual-view applications where remote access is required.

 

Author Comment

by:fjamozu
ID: 17814206
where?

This is an example of the menus, in what part?

function mmLoadMenus() {
  if (window.mm_menu_0110184044_0) return;
  window.mm_menu_0110184044_0 = new Menu("root",72,16,"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif",12,"#000000","#ffffff","#a7a6a4","#0068bb","left","middle",2,0,1000,-5,7,true,true,true,0,true,true);
  mm_menu_0110184044_0.addMenuItem("Laboratorio","location='tecnologia01.htm'");
  mm_menu_0110184044_0.addMenuItem("Windows","location='tecnologia02.htm'");
  mm_menu_0110184044_0.addMenuItem("Linux","location='tecnologia03.htm'");
  mm_menu_0110184044_0.addMenuItem("Desarrollos","location='tecnologia04.htm'");
   mm_menu_0110184044_0.hideOnMouseOut=true;
   mm_menu_0110184044_0.menuBorder=1;
   mm_menu_0110184044_0.menuLiteBgColor='#ffffff';
   mm_menu_0110184044_0.menuBorderBgColor='#cccccc';
   mm_menu_0110184044_0.bgColor='#cccccc';

  mm_menu_0110184044_4.writeMenus();
} // mmLoadMenus()

Thank you very much

Javier

0
 
LVL 51

Expert Comment

by:ahoffmann
ID: 17814510
<body onload="mmLoadMenus();  ---your-other-existing-code-here--- >
0
 

Author Comment

by:fjamozu
ID: 17837165
Sorry, Im new in this, the text is:
function mmLoadMenus() {
---your-other-existing-code-here---
} // mmLoadMenus()

I change it for:
<body onload="mmLoadMenus(); {
---your-other-existing-code-here---
} // mmLoadMenus()>

Or i live it like:
function <body onload="mmLoadMenus(); {
---your-other-existing-code-here---
} // mmLoadMenus()>
Thanks
0
 
LVL 51

Expert Comment

by:ahoffmann
ID: 17843305
ok, assuming your current body tag looks like:

  <body onload="someotherfunction();other"function()" >

then replace it by:

  <body onload="mmLoadMenus();someotherfunction();other"function()" >
0
 

Author Comment

by:fjamozu
ID: 17845390
Hi,

With all this, I changed everithing and I think the problems is my server because I upload the page in other server with the changes you tell me and everything works fine.

I use to have RedHat 9 and we upgrade the server to Red Hat Enterprise, since then we have this problem. The error is not in the code (at this moment) but in the server. Any idea why?

I have the same programs installed in the new server.
0
 
LVL 51

Expert Comment

by:ahoffmann
ID: 17874216
> The error is not in the code (at this moment) but in the server.
please post the error message
0

Featured Post

[Webinar] Code, Load, and Grow

Managing multiple websites, servers, applications, and security on a daily basis? Join us for a webinar on May 25th to learn how to simplify administration and management of virtual hosts for IT admins, create a secure environment, and deploy code more effectively and frequently.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Meet the world's only “Transparent Cloud™” from Superb Internet Corporation. Now, you can experience firsthand a cloud platform that consistently outperforms Amazon Web Services (AWS), IBM’s Softlayer, and Microsoft’s Azure when it comes to CPU and …
What You Need to Know when Searching for a Webhost Provider
Finds all prime numbers in a range requested and places them in a public primes() array. I've demostrated a template size of 30 (2 * 3 * 5) but larger templates can be built such 210  (2 * 3 * 5 * 7) or 2310  (2 * 3 * 5 * 7 * 11). The larger templa…

738 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question