I need some help! Anything you guys can do for me, would be GREATLY appreciated.
Situation: Last week I was trying to surf the web and discovered it was taking a long time. Then it would come up with "Page cannot be displayed". I've been using both Firefox and IE 6. I have been using two computers connected to the network for a year now but WHEN BOTH are connected now, I cannot access the Internet from either computer. I've installed no new programs or hardware.
Link to Modem : http://service.sympatico.ca/index.cfm?method=content.view&content_id=5379&category_id=104
Troubleshooting Steps Already Taken:
- checked the ethernet cables to make sure their connecting and working properly (I can surf with either one connected but not with both at the same time).
- I selected Properties on my Marvell Yukon LAN, went to TCP connections in Network Connections to make sure 'IP address obtained
- I've tried reinstalling the Network Controllers
- I've called my ISP and they tell me everything is fine on their end (they've reset the modem several times)
- I have gone under CMD in the Run menu and typed in IPCONFIG and see that I have an IP address.
- I also did a 'ping' cmd (ping www.google.com
), and it came back positive, no loss in packets
- I've currently have no firewall installed and I put the router in the DMZ mode but to no avail.
Again, I cannot connect the two computers in my network to the Internet together now. This literally happened out of the blue and was not due to any software or hardware issue. ANYTHING you can do to help me get by this challenge.
Thank all of you in advance!