Hi there guys and girls
Let me start by giving some background information:
I have a couple of Exchange 2003 Servers in my organisation. Both are in the same site. The primary/original/old server is called LEXUS (lexus.mydomain.local) and the secondary/new server is called TVR (tvr.mydomain.local). The plan is to move all mailboxes from the old LEXUS onto the new TVR and eventually retire LEXUS. This is unfortunately not something we can do in one foul swoop so it has to happen over a period of time.
Everything was hunky dory until I started testing. I created a mailbox on LEXUS called "Test Exchange" with SMTP address "firstname.lastname@example.org". I then proceeded to do send and recieve tests using this mailbox. Everything works A-OK.
Next step was to move the mailbox onto TVR by using the move mailbox wizard in ADU&C. It moved the mailbox successfully, so I started doing the same tests. However, this time the inbound emails failed. Tests from accounts on LEXUS also failed sending email to Test Exchange on TVR.
The delivery status notification I get is as follows:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
Attached to this email was an attachment containing the following:
Will-Retry-Until: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 17:24:06 +0100
X-Display-Name: Test Exchange
Looking at [ Exchange System Manager | Administrative Groups | Servers | LEXUS | Queues ] :
I can see a queue name for "TVR.mydomain.local" (Protocol:SMTP; State:Active) with a number of messages waiting i.e. the messages I sent for testing.
This is really doing my nut!!! I have to get this fixed really soon for I'm running out of space on an already maxed out old LEXUS.