Anyone know of a wait function I can use in vb .NET to pause the program while I wait for my (form based) web browser to load (i.e. to reach readystate_complete)?
I tried this:
- create a form class (with a webbrowser on it)
- create a bool variable in this class called load_complete (this boolean gets set to true for each instance of the class when that instance's WebBrowser document_complete event gets fired)
- create a class called DoStuff which inherits the form class
- within a sub in the DoStuff class, create a form object and navigate its axWebBrowser1 to some url
- send this sub into a loop waiting for the complete_load property of the form object to be set to true.........Do While form.complete_load <> true Sleep(100) Loop
- the idea was that when document_complete gets fired for the instance of the form, that instance's load_complete property would get set to true and the DoStuff sub's loop would be exited leaving that sub to move on with its life
There is a problem with this approach in that sleep(100) seems to kill all processing in the program which means the document_complete event of the form classes browser doesnt get fired (I dont even think the webbrowser makes it to the page, it just hangs).
I need something that pauses the program but will not stop document_complete getting fired when the webbrowser has succesfully loaded the page.
Work with freelancers specializing in everything from database administration to programming, who have proven themselves as experts in their field. Hire the best, collaborate easily, pay securely, and get projects done right.