I'm taking a class that will hopefully prepare me for the oracle certification exam. I am using oracle version 9i. To give you some background, the assignment is as follows:
I've gone through questions 1-4 and i'm now on question 5
1. Create a user without any role or system or object privileges.
2. create role called "connection". give the role privileges, including connect, resource.
3. create another role called "object", give the role rights to access scott.emp and scott.dept and allow to erform select, insert, update and delete.
4. Grant the user created in 1 with the roles created in 2 & 3.
5. log in as the new user. insert two records into scott.emp table.
6. create a view based on scott.emp and scott.dept.
7. query scott.emp and scott.dept using the view created in 6.
Q5: I'm trying to insert records to scott.emp table this is my sql
insert into scott.emp(empno, ename, job, mgr, hiredate, sal, comm, deptno)
values ('77935','Norton', 'SALESMAN','7654','29-OCT-06',6000, null, '30');
I get the following error:
ORA-00904: "HIREDATE" invalid identifier.
Q6: What is a view, and how do you create one?
What am I doing wrong?