I have just installed Exchange 2003 Standard on a 2003 Advanced server today. Exchange seems to be running fine so far, users are able to get into their mail. I noticed this problem when I was enabling the FBA for use with our Thawte SSL cert. I enabled FBA and also configured the Default site to use SSL along with the Exchange and Public Virtual directories.
When I go to test out the connection it fails. It makes me use https, then prompts me to say ok for accepting the cert and then it says cannot find page. If I try to go to the following link on the server https://localhost/ExchWeb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp
This is with FBA enabled. If I take off FBA and leave everything else as is then users are able to log in over OWA. Very confused.
Am running SP2 for Exchange as well.