Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 732
  • Last Modified:

Logon script generating "no more endpoints from the endpoint mapper" error

I recently created and ran a logon script for my office network, which would stealth install a couple programs and map network drives to universal letters for the entire office. I used active directory from our server running Windows Server 2003 to export the logon script to the users, running Windows XP. It went off without a hitch for most users, but in two instances the users got the error "There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper" when they log on. I've found a lot of links to troubleshooting sites and posts instructing people to use DC Diag on EE, but I haven't found anything to explain what the actual problem is. If anyone can tell me what is happening here, and how to fix it, it's worth 500 points.
0
SysAdmin06
Asked:
SysAdmin06
  • 3
  • 3
  • 2
1 Solution
 
FriarTukCommented:
0
 
SysAdmin06Author Commented:
I've seen that particular link on EE before, but it's not really helping. I would really like to know why I'm getting the error so it won't happen again. Appreciate the tip though.
0
 
FriarTukCommented:
not having any real knowledge of this type of issue, that was the most useful KB article I could find.  what is the exact error msg? what is shown in the event viewer?
0
Concerto Cloud for Software Providers & ISVs

Can Concerto Cloud Services help you focus on evolving your application offerings, while delivering the best cloud experience to your customers? From DevOps to revenue models and customer support, the answer is yes!

Learn how Concerto can help you.

 
DrJames99Commented:
Hi,

I'm having this issue myself... almost identical.  Login scripts which are implemented through Domain GPO's.    The dcdiag all return passed results, and it appears that everything within DNS is correctly configured.

The problem is that some Domain Users are having extremely long login times.  I have also tried removing the users from the domain, and re-adding them... and now I run into the "no more enpoints available from endpoint mapper" failure message.

You might want to download and check out GPMC (http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/d/b/adb5177d-01a7-4f04-bfcc-cb7cea8b5bb7/gpmc.msi ), which will allow you to easily locate and manage any additional or rogue GPO's which might exist within your domain.  These might be causing a conflict within your network as well.

Good luck.

DjEc
0
 
SysAdmin06Author Commented:
Thanks for the post DrJames99. That link looks promising. I'm currently swamped right now, and the login script is far from essential, so it's taken a back seat to my other little frustrations at the moment, but I'll try to dl and play with GPMC sometime this week and let you know how it goes.
0
 
DrJames99Commented:
Actually, I have resolved the problem.  In the end, it seems Win2K3 has different RPC protocols which are being used as Win2K.    Therefore, the requests were being filtered.  (you can determine this as well using the  portqry tool.)  In our case it was 1025 which was being dropped on the firewall between the DC's and the client.

Hopefully this helps you out in your quest to find an available endpoint ;-)

Cheers,
DjEc
0
 
DrJames99Commented:
Additionally... if you are using Win2K3 with an updated SP1.  There are more issues that you can find here:

http://www.howtonetworking.com/Troubleshooting/2003sp1a.htm

hth
0
 
SysAdmin06Author Commented:
Thanks for the response and the excellent info!!
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: IP Lookup

Get more info about an IP address or domain name, such as organization, abuse contacts and geolocation.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

  • 3
  • 3
  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now