[Last Call] Learn about multicloud storage options and how to improve your company's cloud strategy. Register Now

x
?
Solved

MYsql Warning - Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't create a new thread (errno 35); if you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in

Posted on 2006-10-30
1
Medium Priority
?
798 Views
Last Modified: 2012-08-14
Hi Experts,

We have a website (jarrow.com) which runs perfectly fine about 90% of the time, the other 10% is when we get this nasty error:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't create a new thread (errno 35); if you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in

We have a Virtual Provate Hosting through Verio's, and several support calls later, they say it's due to us going over the processes limit allowed to our account. I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Any one here more familiar with virtual private server hosting? or mroe specifically with verio's? Any help would be appreciated since we're not sure that this error really means or what is causing it.

We also never get this error while developing.

Thanks in advance

-Javier
0
Comment
Question by:jmar_click
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
1 Comment
 
LVL 35

Accepted Solution

by:
Raynard7 earned 1500 total points
ID: 17837511
Hi,

I have no experience with this company,

However this error generally occurs when the server's operating system allows no more tcp-ip connections to it.  It is probably not a mysql error itself - as if you had too many connections to mysql you would get a different error (about simultanious users) - now I do not know how many people are online at one time with this company but it is unlikley to be processors - ie I had this problem with a FreeBSD server that supposedly could handle up to 500 - 1000 simultanioius connections - but in reality it turned out to be around 250 - and any connections after that received this error.

This is notoriously hard to reproduce as you need many connections to be able to do it.

I'm not sure if this has helped - but it is unlikley to be a processor issue and more likley to be an OS one.
0

Featured Post

New feature and membership benefit!

New feature! Upgrade and increase expert visibility of your issues with Priority Questions.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Does the idea of dealing with bits scare or confuse you? Does it seem like a waste of time in an age where we all have terabytes of storage? If so, you're missing out on one of the core tools in every professional programmer's toolbox. Learn how to …
When table data gets too large to manage or queries take too long to execute the solution is often to buy bigger hardware or assign more CPUs and memory resources to the machine to solve the problem. However, the best, cheapest and most effective so…
In this video, Percona Solution Engineer Dimitri Vanoverbeke discusses why you want to use at least three nodes in a database cluster. To discuss how Percona Consulting can help with your design and architecture needs for your database and infras…
In this video, Percona Solutions Engineer Barrett Chambers discusses some of the basic syntax differences between MySQL and MongoDB. To learn more check out our webinar on MongoDB administration for MySQL DBA: https://www.percona.com/resources/we…
Suggested Courses

650 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question