lately there was a black out here and i was using the generator to power the house. my sis turned down the choke at night to make the generator last longer..so the generator wasn't generating 220v. somehow it made my pc hanged twice and finally died on me. good thing my motherboard wasn't affected..only my hdd but i have alot of projects and important stuff inside. a friend told me that most likely it's just the circuit board on top of the hdd that is damaged and not the hdd itself. the scenerio now is that my motherboard will detect the hdd but it will just hang when i try to boot into dos mode. is it still possible to retrieve my data? heeellllppp!!!