I'm running into an issue where I am consistently getting the following error message when trying to run gpresult from the command line:
"ERROR: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password."
My user account and computer sit in a top level OU. I should have two group policies applying to my account: 1) Default Domain policy and 2) IT GPO.
The Default Domain policy has the follow settings configured:
1) Turn off background refresh... -- Disabled
2) User Group Policy loopback... -- Enabled - Merge
3) Group Policy slow link detection -- Enabled
4) Turn off RSoP logging -- Not Configured (default is to allow RSoP logging)
5) Remove users ability to invoke machine... -- Disabled
The rest of the options are Not Configured at this point.
The IT GPO does not have any modified settings for Group Policy.
I am member of the Enterprise Admin group. We are a single, 2003 domain network. We do use home folders (I:).