I have few doubts in using KILL command. Please clarify me.
1. What is the difference between the Kill signal: -9 & -15 ? which one is advised to use for killing a process? In what situation, we should use each one?
2. What is the difference between PKILL and KILL ?
3. kill -HUP <in.named> - Will this kill the DNS service and restart it by re-reading the config file? Will it make any difference if I kill in.named and restart it?
4. What is the usage of -INT signal?
5. I came across about using -USR1 and -USR2 signals for debugging. What it means, in what scenario it will be used? My doubt is, debugging requires the process to run. But if you kill it, how can we do debugging?
Thanks in advance.