I have a few questions that has been bugging my mind.
1) I am using SMARTReporter to check the health of my G4 laptop's HD. What interval should I set it to check it at? The default interval setting is 60min. I am planning to set it to everyday so that would make 1440.
2) When I verify permission from disk utility, should I select the actual disk or the partition that is listed underneath or should I verify permissions on both?
3) As I have mentioned earlier I have a PowerBook G4 17" running OS X (10.4.8) I ran a lot of applications since I am in the software development business and at the sametime I share files with other machines so there is a lot of disk writing activity. Is this "very" bad for the HD? I am not worried about the performance of the computer.
4) Does is matter if I continue working if I am burning a DVD? I have never had a problem where the burning process have failed. I am just concerned about the writing quality, if there will be any faults during.
5) Sometimes when I am in a hurry, I cancel the DVD verifying after it has completed burning? Does this have any side effects?
6) Again sometimes I forget to "exit" the Terminal properly and I close the Terminal app. Does that session stay active and time out later? What happens when I do not quit the terminal properly.
7) How do I pop open my keyboard for cleaning purposes?
8) I have about 800 fonts in the system. Does this slow down the system like it does in Windows? If at all, how many will.
9) Also I connect two external USB HDs to my laptop? The jumpers are set to master on both. Does this even matter in Mac? or even in Windows?
10) Does SMARTReporter or a similar application for Mac check the SMART status of your external disks?
Thank you all in advance. I am curious to know what you all think.