here are the steps I took in AD on our Exchange Server:
1. I Created a Contact that contains the external email address
2. I Created a DL that has the newly created Contact as a member. I also put in an internal email address to see if that works.
When I send an email using the DL i get the following error.
The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
Men's Ministry External Email Address on 11/2/2006 10:05 AM
The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again.
I just noticed that the contact I created doesn't show up in any address book and I created it several days ago. The DL does but the contact doesn't