Hi, I work for a small company (about 25 users). To give you a better idea let me explain you my Infrastructure and Needs.
We currently have 1 Main server (DC) running Windows SBS 2k3. I am in the process of buying a Dedicated Mail server for Exchange 2003 that will rund on 2k3 Enterprise. WE would have around 15 Mailbox of around 20Mbs and 4 common Mailbox(through Public Folder) of around 2GB. Since we are a lawfirm, lot of PDF attachments are sent from and to the banks Also we would implement OWA & Group Calendar Facilities. Now my question is
1) Would 2gb of Ram, 3ghz Intel Dual Core Processor and 80GB of Space be enough?
2) I know in Exchange it is strongly recommended that OS, Database, Transition Logs, SMTP Ques all get placed on separate drives. But is that true for A Small Size company like mine too? Can you suggest me how I shuold divided them up and how many drives would I need ?
3) I am Debating Between Baracudda Anti Spam Firewall and Symentac Anitspam Software. As the price difference is vast and being a small company would like to stay under a budget but at the same time not compromise with the quality. Can you please advise what would be a good solution for our business structure.
4) RAID : Can you please tell me at a best practice how many different RAID would i need. For exam,ple Would i need RAID 5 jut for the Database and another RAID 5 or RAID 1 for Transition Log? The idea is to avoid unessesary RAID if possible..
5) I intend to get an Quantam Tape Autoloader for daily backup of both the Main Server and the Exchange Server. Would that be considered a good backup plan?