Title: Strange Delivery Status Notification (Delay) Error - to only one domain
Posted on 2006-11-05
Strange Delivery Status Notification (Delay) Error
I have a rather bizarre issue occurring on a client’s exchange server. The
server is running exchange 2003 with all the latest service packs and
downloads installed. GFI mailessentials is also installed on the server for
The company used to host several email domains on this server - - for
simplicity, let’s say it had hosted abc.com, and xyz.com. One of the domains, xyz.com, was
split off the server, and moved to another mail hosting service outside the
organization, but abc.com remained on this server.
After the split, everyone at abc.com was able to email the organization at
xyz.com, and visa versa.
Then, about a week ago, nobody at abc.com could
email anyone at xyz.com anymore. Xyz.com can still send mail into abc.com.
There is no clear explanation for this problem.
1. Nothing exists in DNS regarding the older xyz.com domain.
2. I am able to telnet to xyz.com’s new mail server and manually send
3. They are not on any blocklists.
4. The problem occurs with GFI either on or off.
5. SMTP logging was enabled, and the messages are never recorded in the SMTP log.
6. We can successfully ping the xyz.com domain. NSLOOKUP shows the correct mail server IP address for xyz.com. In other words, this doesn't appear to be a dns issue.
7. After sending a message to xyz.com, the message sits in the queue. It cannot be forced to connect. Eventually, they are returned to the sender with this message:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
-------------- Then, later, this message ---------------------
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Sent: 11/3/2006 9:34 AM
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
firstname.lastname@example.org on 11/3/2006 10:36 AM
Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified.
Please retry or contact your administrator.
I’m completely stumped here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.