I've been at this for a month now. ASP.Net 2.0, WAP model. IIS 6.0, Windows Server 2003.
1. My app has only 2 pages so far. Default.aspx calls Login.aspx.
2. I have windows authentication code in global.asax like this:
Sub WindowsAuthentication_OnAuthenticate(ByVal Source As Object, _
ByVal e As WindowsAuthenticationEventArgs)
'dont authenticate when on AccessDenied page
Dim fileName As String = LCase(HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.LocalPath)
If InStr(fileName, "accessdenied") > 0 Then Exit Sub
If e.Identity.IsAuthenticated And Not (e.Identity.IsAnonymous) And _
e.Identity.AuthenticationType.Length <> 0 Then
userIdentity = e.Identity.Name()
HttpContext.Current.Response.Redirect("AccessDenied.aspx?Authenticated=" + e.Identity.IsAuthenticated.ToString + "&Anonymous=" + e.Identity.IsAnonymous.ToString + "&Type=" + e.Identity.AuthenticationType.ToString)
Catch ex As Exception
HttpContext.Current.Response.Redirect("AccessDenied.aspx?Error=" + ex.Message.ToString)
3. I moved the app to our main server. Set up a virtual directory but when I login, I get a pop-up to login with useid/pwd. I tried the app both from my laptop and by sitting at the server and logging in with "admin/pwd".
4. We have Active Directory, so I created a new group. I added this group to the security tab of the folder holding the app. Gave it "full control" . BUT still got the userid/pwd pop-up.
5. I added ASPNET user to the folder holding the app with "full control" but stilll got the userid/pwd pop-up
6. I have both .net 1.1 and 2.0. So for this app, i created a new App Pool and made sure it has the 2.0 framework
7. in IIS, I have Anonymous unchecked and Windows Authenicated checked.
8. in web.config , i have:
<authentication mode="Windows" />
<deny users="?" />
9. in IIS, I right clicked on "default.aspx" , I got the userid/pwd pop-up.
What am I missing??