I am creating the distribution setup for my VB 6.0 application using InnoSetup. I found one great article by Michael Reitz - http://www.jrsoftware.org/iskb-attach.php/dcommdac/VB_DCOM_MDAC.iss
These are the confusions that I had.
1. Currently I develop my VB 6.0 using Microsoft Visual Studio SP 6 which I believe it comes with MDAC 2.5. Am I right?
2. If point #1 is correct, it means that I have to distribute MDAC 2.5 to my client's PC if their OS is less than Windows NT / Windows 2K such as Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 95. Is this also correct?
3. If point #2 is correct, let's say that Windows 98 is using MDAC 2.0 and I need to *upgrade* it to MDAC 2.5. Will there be any problem on the Windows 98 itself as I am afraid that it may affect the OS itself.
4. From the article, I can say that for Windows 95, we have to install additional DCOM95. How about Windows 98? Do we need to install the DCOM98?
5. Lastly but not least, from the article that I mentioned above, I think that I can use the same iss file if I want to distribute the MDAC 2.5 to every OS. Am I right?