How to switch from Sat network to T1
Posted on 2006-11-06
I was asked to help a loacal wind farm chang from their SAT ISP to a T1 line. The problem is I have never touched a T1 (nor seen one). Can you install a T1 with basic networking knowledge?
- Rack the AT&T router and modem. (It is just sitting on a table at the moment)
- Setup the new PIX and modem then prepare for cutover.
- Cutover connection to new PIX. (This outage will need to be scheduled for a specific time with probably 15 minutes downtime.)
- Once new VPN is up, remove old PIX and box up for shipping back to Portland.
- Possibly take pics of the environment there.
I have installed a domain network from gorund up using WI FI isp and one with an DSL for the connection.
I have not "SET UP" an PIX before. The problem is we are in a small remote area and there isn't anybody else around here willing to look it up.
What I would like to know is I should even bother trying to help out.