XP - After login only see desktop wallpaper
Posted on 2006-11-07
XP Professional SP2 - when user logs in all they get is their desktop wallpaper, explorer start-bar pops up for a split second, but then disappears. Task manager work. I have tried the following:
1. Restarted in safe mode - the same
2. Logged in as alternative user including Administrator, also in safe mode - the same
3. Removed drive and scanned for viruses/spyware in another machine - none found
4. Tried SFC scan - all system files intact
5. Windows XP Repair Install - made no difference
6. Examined startup file using HiJack This - nothing unusual there. Stripped back to bare startup - no difference.
Anything I can try, before I do complete system re-install?
Thanks in advance