Here is the problem: I bought a new ATI HIS x1650 Pro AGP for my computer and now when starting any 3D game the monitor just turns off. The same thing happens in the ATI Control Panel when the 3D preview display thing is enabled. I have also noticed random white dots appearing at boot or at beginning of game before the monitor shuts of.
Steps I have taken:
- completely uninstall ATI Catalyst drivers and install the v6.10
- uninstall and try older v6.8 drivers
- format C: /u and reinstalled WinXP SP2 Pro
- bought a brand new Enermax Liberty 620Watt PSU.
- contacted ATI only to get an automated response telling me to upgrade drivers.
I have given up all hope. I bought the graphic card the day before NFS Carbon came out only to play that game, and I still haven't been able to play it. Oh, forgot to mention, I can play the game if a have details set on low and running the game at 800x600. Previous card was an ATI Radeon 9800non-pro running at 9800xt speeds with no problems.
Coolermaster Stacker B
Enermax Liberty 620Watt
Asus P4C800E-Deluxe Motherboard
P4 3GHz Northwood (HT)[idle~32°C][load~39°C]
Thermalright XP 90
Aerogate III Controller
2gb Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 @ 2.0-3-3-6
ATI HIS Radeon x1650 Pro IceQ
2x36gb WD Raptor RAID0 (SYSTEM),74gb WD Raptor (DATA), 250gb WD SATA (TEMP)
Nec3500AG DVD-RW (hacked firmware)
LG GDR8163 DVD-ROM
Creative Soundblaster Live!