Unable to "purge" Office 2003 Document Recovery feature
Posted on 2006-11-09
I have a strange problem with MS-Office Word 2003:
- when loading Word, every *2* load (1 time yes, 1 time not) I get the "Document Recovery" pane saying that a file (install.doc) is to be recovered
- this is the [Original] (as said)
- when trying to open the file it says that "Word could not open the document (install)"
- when trying to save the file it says that "Word could not save the document (install)"
I tried to purge everything what I know for Office:
- deleting template "normal.dot"
- deleting content of the STARTUP directory
- in settings, setting all folders to an empty directory
- disabling the "Auto recovery save each 10 min"
- looking in the registry for this file
- looking for .asd file on the disk
- re-installing Office
- installing again Office (in French, original was in english)
- checking virus on all disk
No success... I was also unable to find what is the full path of this "ghost" document; where is this stored ?
Who know ?