Blackberry Enterpise Server - Email Not Sycnhing properly in inbox
Posted on 2006-11-10
We recently upgraded to BES. I'm having trouble with email synchronization and the BB documentation is just next to worthless.
Success for this question is finding the setting to let rules and synch work seamlessly.
SBS 2003, Exchange 2003, service packs current.
Windows XP desktops
Outlook Email Client
Blackberry 8700C (2 ea) PDA Devices.
1. Synchronization happens to quickly. This causes spam to replicate to the blackberry which necessitates a "synch now" to clear it.
2. I have many rules running on my mailbox at the client and server level. They process a variety of email that we get from vendors and systems. I probably get 200 emails a day and only 40 of them require me to read them. The other 160 are some combination of status updates for orders, confirmations, faxes, system messages, etc. I have rules setup to move these to the right folders, forward them when appropriate, or just flat delete them. The problem is that they get replicated out to my blackberry before the rule on the client "gets" them. They do get moved to the right folder (usually), but after they are moved they "stay" on the BB. This is really frustrating because I have 160 msgs/day of clutter on my PDA.
3. Sometimes the rules quit running. I suspect that a conflict between BES and Outlook is occuring and outlook "gives up".
- Allow spam service to police spam prior to the BES push of the email to the client.
- Allow outlook client rules a "breather" to run before BES Push.