I am about to install Exchange Server 2000 on a Windows 2000 Server box. I would like to know what you guys out there think the best way for setup -
1. What RAID level - I was going to setup RAID 5.
2. How should I partition the drives - I was going to have one large partition. (only 25 users at most)
3. f.y.i this box is also going to be a DC.
If you guys believe the best way is to have multiple partitions, how should I do it?
1. OS Partition - 20GB, DATA Partition - 200GB or od I need three partitions???
2. f.y.i. I know some of you out there believe in seperating databases by channels on the raid card. Not needed for this envoirnment.
But if I have a DATA partition for the Exchange database, will I be able to point Exchange to where the database will reside? Or do I do that later after the installation is done. Unmount the store move the files and then remount it???
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Also f.y.i this installation of Exchange 2000 will be done using the /diasaterrecovery switch. I am moving it away from another server, and I have always found this to be the best and fastests way. I am actually going to remove that server off the network as if it died. I can afford to have the services down. Don't know if that switch gives me options of where to store the DB. Don't know if this changes everything.