inspiron 5100 overheated
Posted on 2006-11-15
Good day - I am trying to resuscitate a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop. I have looked on the web and found info about the heat issues - sounds like what happened here. I have already taken the chip and cooling sink apart and spread more thermal paste, blew everything off, and reassembled, but I still have the issue - I press the power button and I get a couple of blinks on the power and battery lights, then nothing. I have tried powering up on battery and on AC power.
Is there something I need to reset, or am I just about hosed? If I have to look at parts to replace, what do I need to look at? Unit is out of warranty and the budget is tight.
Thanks in advance!