Mail Processor Needed on Windows Server 2003 / Installation Steps
Posted on 2006-11-16
I have a new web server running Windows Server 2003. I need to setup a program so I can process forms and email from my web sites. I don't want to put in a 'mailto' command and have the person's local mail client open up to send the email since many people use web-based mail apps the mailto does not function the way we need it to. I have searched and found a number of programs, but most appear to be geared toward UNIX installations.
I have installed ActivePearl and added the SMTP service to my Windows 2003 web server, but am unsure what to do next.
I am looking for
1) Detailed server configuration steps (applications, services, smtp configuration, etc)
2) Steps I might need to take with my ISP to send/receive/relay email (smtp redirection, etc)
3) Form / mail processing program to install
4) Ways to test that it's working
5) This installation should also automatically send the mail that is located in the c:\inetpub\mailroot\pickup directory