I have a Nokia 3250 cell phone. I tried to copy files from my PC to it via provided cable, but it says "Cannot copy <<filename>>: Parameter is incorrect". It worked fine before, but not now! I don't know what's wrong.
Here are some of my test cases, I hope that helps:
- I noticed that when the total size of the files to copy larger than 292KB (sometimes more than that) it generates the error. No matter what kind of files, no matter how many files.
- I tried to create empty bitmap image with 1x1 size and save into the phone, it was ok. I open that image in the phone to edit and increase the size gradually up to 1000x1000 = 1,920,054 bytes, it was Ok too. But when I copied files even smaller than 1,920,054 it failed.
- I made another trial by copying an 8MB to the phone, it fired another critial warning "Cannot copy <<filename>>: The drive cannot find the sector requested"
- I made a copy of a certain file inside the phone (by windows copy not by phone). It generated the same error message the drive cannot find the sector requested.
- I used chkdsk (Windows builtin utility) to check, no errors found.