My remote users cannot access any computers on the office network using Remote Desktop. It says that the specified PC cannot be found. Everything worked fine up until yesterday when the office lost power. The network consists of a Cisco PIX, 3 switches, 3 servers, and about 15 local computers. I do not know who their Internet provider is. The situation with Remote Desktop after the office got power is as follows:
1. I can use RDP from any machine to any other machine (even to other sites) while directly connected to the network.
2. I can use RDP to any different company's network after connecting with the VPN.
3. I can connect to the office network using the VPN connection from home or anywhere else.
4. While connected to the office network via VPN I cannot ping any office machine.
5. While connected to the office network via VPN I cannot RDP into any office machine.
6. While connected to the office network via VPN I cannot connect to any office machine using RealVNC.
7. I am getting a correct IP address from the PIX firewall.
8. I have rebooted the PIX twice, but the problem persists.
9. I have rebooted one of the switches, but the problem still persists.
10. I looked at the configuration file for the PIX firewall and it was not changed from the original setup.
At this point, I am not sure what could be causing the problem. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks!