Normally we can do scp and ssh between any 2 solaris machines with the use of passwd by exchanging Public/Private keys for the IDs that we use.
How do we do this between
1. An AIX and a Solaris machine both ways. Is the procedure same? Can you please explain in detail?
2. How do we do this between a Solaris and Windows machine? Normally in Solaris the public key will be stored in /export/home/<ID name>/.ssh directory in a file "authorize_keys2" file. Where will this be stored in a Windows environment.
3. Do we need to run any processes in windows for scp/ssh in windows. Any daemons to be run in Solaris machine.
4. Do we need run any daemons in AIX for AIX and what is the process between AIX and Windows.
5. Is SSH/SCP a separate software installed or does it come as a part of Solaris or AIX installation. I think we need to install separately for Windos.
6. Port 22 need to be opened in case of a firewall. Apart fromt this do we need to do anything more.
Please let me know in detail as we are in the process of setting up the same.