• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 1189
  • Last Modified:

Failed to Open a Rowset

I have report that I am running and I keep getting a few errors when I try to run it.  First error I get is

"Failed to Open a Rowset"  then I get

Query Engine Error: 'ORA-00904': "ARINVOICE"."INVOICE_DATE": Invalid Identifier then I get

Not Supported
Details: Fail to execute SQL Statement OCI Call: OCIStmtExecute

The thing that I cant figure out is I am not calling ARINVOICE.INVOICE_DATE in the report anywhere that I can find.  I think that is the problem is that the field may have been used in this report once but I changed the report.  I cna't find where I would still have it referenced.  Can anyone tell me how to fish out this field if that is the problem?
0
mfehrmann
Asked:
mfehrmann
  • 5
  • 3
  • 2
  • +1
1 Solution
 
frodomanCommented:
Sounds like it is still referenced somewhere.  Look at the SQL to make sure you aren't including this in your dataset (even if it isn't being used).
0
 
mlmccCommented:
Open the field explorer and see if it is still in the list of fields and has a check mark on it.
If it has a check mark then it is being used.

You might also try VERIFY DATABASE

To find it you may have to check all formulas and suppression formulas and the selection criteria.

mlmcc
0
 
mfehrmannAuthor Commented:
Well that is the weird part is that the databse that it is looking for on this error is not even in this report anymore.  It was at one time but I removed it and never received an error that the fields were being used in the report.  I do see the database.field referenced in the SQL but no matter what I can't get rid of it.  I changed the links in the Database Links to change where it is looking for in the SQL query and it wont go away.  
0
[Webinar] Kill tickets & tabs using PowerShell

Are you tired of cycling through the same browser tabs everyday to close the same repetitive tickets? In this webinar JumpCloud will show how you can leverage RESTful APIs to build your own PowerShell modules to kill tickets & tabs using the PowerShell command Invoke-RestMethod.

 
frodomanCommented:
Check the visual linking expert and make sure you don't still have a link to this table.

frodoman
0
 
mfehrmannAuthor Commented:
That is where I was and I dont see anything to this database.  It is not even listed in the available databases.  It looks as though it is stuck in the SQL, I just can't get it to come out.  The database or field is not listed anywhere that I can find on this report.  The only place I see it is in the SQL and no matter what I do in the Visual Linking expert it doesn't come out.
0
 
mlmccCommented:
Have you tried verifying the database under the DATABASE menu?

mlmcc
0
 
mfehrmannAuthor Commented:
Yep did that too, nothing will get rid of the reference in the SQL Query
0
 
mfehrmannAuthor Commented:
I figured it out, I never saw a Reset button in the Show SQL box before.  That is all I had to do what hit reset and it changed all the SQL query.  Now the button isn't there but it must just show up when database tables are removed and added in.
0
 
mlmccCommented:
I have never seen the button but then we built all our reports off database views and stored procedures.

mlmcc
0
 
mfehrmannAuthor Commented:
I have never seen this button either.  I am on version 9 I dont know if that makes a difference but I clicked that button once and it changed the entire SQL query and now the report works fine.  
0
 
DarthModCommented:
PAQd, 500 points refunded.

DarthMod
CS Moderator
0

Featured Post

Upgrade your Question Security!

Your question, your audience. Choose who sees your identity—and your question—with question security.

  • 5
  • 3
  • 2
  • +1
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now