Here is the problem:
- I have a 200gb hard drive, of which about 30gb was being used.
- I believe the prior format was NTFS
- It was all one partition (I used it via a USB external enclosure)
I bought a Netgear Storage Central Network Hard Drive Enclosure (Model: SC101), which requires you to "setup" your drive. I was going through the wizard, and accidentally allowed it to create a "new drive" -- that's what the software called it, though i believe it was just partitioning off a portion of the drive and assigning a drive letter to it. Either way, this process did some sort of quick format, because my drive was no longer readable, as it used to be. I can't see any of my files.
- My files are there, and in tact (I've seen them in hard drive recovery softwares)
- Hard drive recovery softwares don't preserve the original filename or folder structure
What I'm looking for:
- I want to be able to restore all of the files and keep the original folder structure and filenames. Am I dreamin'? Is this possible?
I don't want:
- Links to hard drive recory software that won't provide me with the folder structure and final names.
- To pay a ton of money to someone to restore it for me -- surely there is a great piece of software or method that I just haven't heard about yet, or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.