We have a Windows Service written in C# .Net, using Visual Studio .Net 2003.
The service reads ".RPT" files, executes the report(s), and saves a .PDF file from the output.
This works fine on our development system, our internal test deployment system, and several actual deployment systems.
On 1 specific deployment system, attempting to execute the report yields the exception referenced in the title of this question, "Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode."
I have searched for this error here and elsewhere, and have found several suggestions. None of them work.
I have tried:
Registering "crqe.dll", as suggested at http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2012603
Installing the Crystal Merge Modules, and ensuring that the registration key is provided, as suggested at, for example, http://www.programmingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=20059
. The specific modules that we have installed for our own (test) deployment server and other "live" deployment servers that have worked are as follows:
Crystal_regwiz2003.msm <- (I have double checked that the registry key is set in the properties of this Merge Module.)
Since this installation did not work, based on the suggestions listed here and elsewhere, I added the following two modules:
Resetting permissions on the registry keys related to ASP.NET (despite the fact that this is not a web application), as suggested at http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011205.asp
Checking to ensure all of the Crystal modules installed are the same version, as suggested at http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2010681.asp
. In my case, all of the Crystal references in the solution list "9.1.5000.0" as the version. (Again, this is not a web/ASP project, so the specific references in the article to, e.g., Web.config, did not apply.)
Re-installing the Crystal client DLLs and other files, as suggested at http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Languages/Dot_Net/Q_21463704.html
The service continues to receive the same error after all of these steps.
The server the error occurs on is running Windows Server 2003 SP1. (MDAC 2.8 SP2 for Windows Server 2003 SP1 is installed and configured correctly as well.) This is the same operating system version that one of the deployment servers that _does_ work properly has as well.
I have access to this server only remotely, via Terminal Services.