Solved

The espresson On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error

Posted on 2006-11-22
4
1,040 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-05
I get the error below when a user attempts to open a file on disk using the GetOpenFileName() function:

The espresson On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: License information for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality in the designed environment.

* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].

* There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro.

This program works fine on all but one workstation in the office. It even runs fine on the offending workstation until the user attempt to open a file. I have the following declaration in the program:

Private Declare Function GetOpenFileName Lib "comdlg32.dll" Alias "GetOpenFileNameA" (pOpenfilename As OPENFILENAME) As Long

Why would this one computer be blowing up on this? As usual, the error message sounds like it is telling me something, but I can't decipher its meaning.
0
Comment
Question by:jmarkfoley
  • 2
4 Comments
 
LVL 7

Accepted Solution

by:
MessHallMan earned 250 total points
ID: 17997950
Is this DLL (comdlg32.dll) registered on the workstation that the program is not working on?  Based on the error it appears like the DLL is not registered or is missing on the computer.
0
 
LVL 34

Assisted Solution

by:jefftwilley
jefftwilley earned 250 total points
ID: 17998530
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:jmarkfoley
ID: 17998539
You're treading new ground for me. I can probably do a search to find out if it is missing, but how do I determine whether it is registered? I thought this dll was standard with Windows or Office or Access.
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:jmarkfoley
ID: 18065784
It turned out that it was not comdlg32.dll causing the problem, but use of a 3rd party progress bar dll that I attempted to call just before the comdlg32. I eventually figured that out by commenting out the code to the progress bar and everything else worked file.

The solution was to register this dll as MessHallMan sugested, but jefftwilley's link gave me the actual "how to" command to do that: regsvr32. So, I'll split the points. Running regsvr32 with the path to my rouge dll fixed the problem.
0

Featured Post

Networking for the Cloud Era

Join Microsoft and Riverbed for a discussion and demonstration of enhancements to SteelConnect:
-One-click orchestration and cloud connectivity in Azure environments
-Tight integration of SD-WAN and WAN optimization capabilities
-Scalability and resiliency equal to a data center

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This article is a continuation or rather an extension from Cascading Combos (http://www.experts-exchange.com/A_5949.html) and builds on examples developed in detail there. It should be understandable alone, but I recommend reading the previous artic…
As tax season makes its return, so does the increase in cyber crime and tax refund phishing that comes with it
Familiarize people with the process of utilizing SQL Server stored procedures from within Microsoft Access. Microsoft Access is a very powerful client/server development tool. One of the SQL Server objects that you can interact with from within Micr…
With Secure Portal Encryption, the recipient is sent a link to their email address directing them to the email laundry delivery page. From there, the recipient will be required to enter a user name and password to enter the page. Once the recipient …

821 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question