I've recently started having several problems with an SBS 2003 box (Dell 1420, SATA, Xeon 3.0, 1GB RAM, SBS 2003) that was running pretty quietly up until now.
I would post these as separate issues, since they may well be, but I think there is a chance that someone may recognise the following symptoms as being related, and it may trigger something, so here goes!
1. When logging into the server, I get a "WMI encountered a problem and needed to close" dialog box, several (between 5-10) times *almost* daily.
2. The daily scheduled SBS Backup routine fails. For the time being, I have set this to just back up to a local drive. If I run the backup manually (using Backup Now in Server Management), it completes successfully. The scheduled backup fails every night. Backup logs available if needed, please see my next post for backup failure details.
3. The application event log repeatedly logs errors, event ID 1000, source: Application error
4. The application event log repeatedly logs errors, event ID 1000, source: Microsoft Exchange Server
5. The application event log has recently stated repeatedly logging the error: event ID 348, source: MSExchange Transport
6. The application event log repeatedly logs warnings, event ID 63, source: WinMgmt
7. Every so often I find the Update Service (this box is running WSUS) service is not started (I've told health monitor to scream when this happens)
HOWEVER, there is no loss of functionality on the network. All users and services (except local backup) are fine!
I think that's all that's for now, various details in the following post!