[Webinar] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 451
  • Last Modified:

OALGen 8004010f emsabp32.dll - download previous offline adress list

This is a single server application running SBS 2003 and Exchange 2003 SP1
I've tried every solution I have run across for 3 weeks to solve this and this is where I am.

I set logging to maximum on OAL Generator and my last 2 log entries look like this:

-----------------------------------
OALGen is calling into emsabp32.dll to download the previous version of offline address list '\Global Address List'.
- Default Offline Address List

OALGen encountered error 8004010f (internal ID 5020179) accessing the public folder store while generating the offline address list for address list '\Global Address List'.
- Default Offline Address List
-----------------------------------
On a successful log (from internet) my next log message should be:
OALGen has downloaded the previous version of this OAL successfully  Differences between the previous and the current version will be computed.

According to my previous log messages, the OAB Version 2 and OAB Version 3a folders have been processed and the only task left is to resolve differences in the old address book.

So I think that my problem with access to the previous version of offline address list but I don't know what to do with this information.  


I have
Rebuilt the Default Offline Address List
Recreated the Default Offline Address List
Validated that the mailbox store points to the Default Offline Address List
Used ADUC to remove Exchange Parameters and reconnected mailboxes
Tried to validate replication but unsure how.  
Stopped and Started Information Store and System Attendant
A few other solutions but none have worked for my problem.



0
DaveJ50
Asked:
DaveJ50
1 Solution
 
SembeeCommented:
Any reason you are not on Exchange 2003 SP2?
I would suggest updating to that version first, as you are basically using a revision of Exchange that is over two years old.

Simon.
0
 
DaveJ50Author Commented:
I had planned to install Exchange SP2 but got so involved in this problem that I forgot.

After the weekend I downloaded and installed SP2 and was looking around Exchange while contemplating my next post.  I noticed a tab labeled “Content”.  It displays an email sort of detail screen with attachments that had been blocked by my anti-virus software.

A few weeks ago I blocked all but the extensions that I thought would be important to us.  I had no idea that there was important stuff moving around within my Exchange server as OAB attachments.

Anyway, I reset the attachment blocking to the default and my error is gone.  I will rethink the blocking thing later.

Thanks Simon
0

Featured Post

NEW Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 1.5

With Office 365, it’s your data and your responsibility to protect it. NEW Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 eliminates the risk of losing access to your Office 365 data.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now