Create overlay failed...winDVD no picture on any DVD software player
Posted on 2006-11-23
I've been working on solving this for HOURS!!!
My DVD player will not play a dvd with a picture. CD's work fine, burned DVD-R with no problem. DVD sound plays on window's media player but no picture.
I get the following message on WinDVD "create overlay failed please lower your resolution or color depth and try again"
computer is a HP nw9440 Laptop with NVidia quadro FX 1500M
I've tried all of the following
0) hour and fourty minute session with HP help - no luck
1) lowered resolution & color depth to all different settings. No help
2) tried other software programs (had Sonic's and windows media player) - no luck.
3) Uninstalled all video related programs - Roxio EZ CD, Sonic, Adobe Premiere
2) updated Bios and NVidia driver
3) Uninstalling and reinstalling WinDVD 5 (even tried downloading the trial version of the new windvd 8 with no luck)
4) updated directX
5) dxdiag.exe shows - display lists
Directdraw accelleration - not available
Direct3d Accerlation - enabled
AGP texture acceleratio not available
6) even tried the crazy solution in another post about installing netmeeting, and then unchecking the "remote comptuer" control with no success.