Hi,

How to use thread in the C#,

Can someone give me small example on threads

Kind Regards,
Comment
Question by:dinesh_bali
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

• Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
10 Comments

LVL 20

Expert Comment

by:REA_ANDREW
ID: 18011260
public System.Threading.Thread Thread1 = new Thread(new ThreadStart(AlertIt_One));
public System.Threading.Thread Thread2 = new Thread(new ThreadStart(AlertIt_Two));

public void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Thread1.Start();
Thread2.Start();
}

public void AlertIt_One()
{
MessageBox("Fired 1");
Thread1.Abort();
}

public void AlertIt_Two()
{
MessageBox("Fired 2");
Thread2.Abort();
}

Author Comment

by:dinesh_bali
ID: 18011283
Hi Thanks for the example.

Can we commumicate between two threads

say thread 1 and thread 2, when the process of the thread 1 completes

Kind Regards
MS Dynamics Made Instantly Simpler

Make Your Microsoft Dynamics Investment Count  & Drastically Decrease Training Time by Providing Intuitive Step-By-Step WalkThru Tutorials.

LVL 29

Expert Comment

by:Nightman
ID: 18011316
Yes - you can raise events between the threads.

Or you can simply have a timer in the main thread checking the state of the thread:
i.e.
if (
Thread1.ThreadState == ThreadState.Unstarted ||
Thread1.ThreadState == ThreadState.Stopped ||
Thread1.ThreadState == ThreadState.Aborted ||
Thread1.ThreadState == ThreadState.Suspended )
{
  This thread is dead.
}

Have a look at
http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/show/5184/3/ for some more examples

LVL 29

Expert Comment

ID: 18011399
Sorry, I am working in too many languages at the same time - they are all starting to merge into one ;). That was a VB.NET example

have a look at 'Using events for thread synchronization'
http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/eventsthreadsync.asp

LVL 29

Accepted Solution

by:
Nightman earned 500 total points
ID: 18011411
Another example:
http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/workerthread.asp

Both this one and my previous post have downloadable, working code samples

LVL 29

Expert Comment

ID: 18198051
Hi dinesh_bali

Did our comments assist you? If not, please can you provide some feedback so that we can assist you further. Alternatively, have a look at http://www.experts-exchange.com/help.jsp#hs5 for information on closing questions.

Regards
Nightman

Featured Post

Instantly Create Instructional Tutorials

Contextual Guidance at the moment of need helps your employees adopt to new software or processes instantly. Boost knowledge retention and employee engagement step-by-step with one easy solution.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Introduction This article series is supposed to shed some light on the use of IDisposable and objects that inherit from it. In essence, a more apt title for this article would be: using (IDisposable) {}. I’m just not sure how many people would ge…
Introduction Hi all and welcome to my first article on Experts Exchange. A while ago, someone asked me if i could do some tutorials on object oriented programming. I decided to do them on C#. Now you may ask me, why's that? Well, one of the re…
Monitoring a network: why having a policy is the best policy? Michael Kulchisky, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, VTSP, VSP, CCSP outlines the enormous benefits of having a policy-based approach when monitoring medium and large networks. Software utilized in this v…
Monitoring a network: how to monitor network services and why? Michael Kulchisky, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, VTSP, VSP, CCSP outlines the philosophy behind service monitoring and why a handshake validation is critical in network monitoring. Software utilized …
Suggested Courses

631 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question